Default text editor

Hinko Kocevar hinko.kocevar at i-tech.si
Tue Nov 3 15:23:19 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm using Xfce for quite some time and I'm really satisfied with the
course its development is taking toward full featured and stable desktop
environment.

I'm currently running:

Xfce 4 Desktop Environment
version 4.6.1 (Xfce 4.6)

on Gentoo based Linux OS.

I'm just curious how can one set different text editor by default?
Every text document is currently associated with the muosepad editor but
I would like to use gedit instead. Is this only achieved by manually
associating every text document type with gedit instead of mousepad?

Best regards,
Hinko

--
Hinko Kocevar
Technical support software engineer
mailto: hinko.kocevar at i-tech.si

http://www.i-tech.si - When your users demand stability

The information transmitted is intended solely for the addressee and may
contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any review, retention,
disclosure or other use by persons other than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you received this in error, please notify the sender and
delete all copies.