Network manager in xfce ?

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Sun Nov 1 15:57:57 CET 2009

On dim., 2009-11-01 at 15:36 +0100, Bo Thide' wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just upgraded my Xubuntu to 9.10 but still miss the possibility of
> having  NetworkManager installed  in my bottom panel so I can remove
> the top panel to save some display real estate.
>
> How do I go about to achieve this?  I have tried to use XfApplet but
> have failed so far...
>
> Bo
> PS. The 9.10 is quite OK.  Some improvement over 9.04, but still
> not quite what I expected.

Please don't hijack threads (that's considered rude). And
network-manager has nothing to do with Xfce, so your question might be
better suited for a xubuntu-user list, imho.

Though, in your case, I guess it's totaly unrelated to NM, you just need
to move the notification area from the top panel to the bottom one. Just
remove it from the top, and then add it to the bottom (it'll be called
“system tray” or “notification area”, maybe translated.

HTH,

--
Yves-Alexis