xfce 4.6 desktop menu

Brian J. Tarricone brian at tarricone.org
Tue May 5 11:06:14 CEST 2009

On Tue, 05 May 2009 10:39:00 +0200 Matthieu Imbert wrote:

> Would it be possible (and simple?) to add a special xml tag to the
> menu xml format to load an old menu using the legacy or any other
> simple menu format? This way, xfce would still conform to standard,
> but with a specific extension.

Not interested, sorry.

4.8 will have much-improved menu editing capabilities; unfortunately
this is a serious hole in our 4.6 feature coverage.  But that's what
happens when you have a small project with very few active developers.

> Perhaps there is a way to use the desktop menu of xfce 4.4 with xfce
> 4.6, is it possible?

Sure, remove xfdesktop 4.6.x and install xfdesktop 4.4.3.  You'll lose
a few new features in xfdesktop 4.6, but thems the breaks.

	-brian