xfce4-panel doesn't start at login.

David Mohr squisher at xfce.org
Sun May 3 18:40:00 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 1:10 AM, David Harel <hareldvd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> At login time the panel doesn't start and I have to start it (xfce4-panel)
> from a terminal. I already tried to save the session and see if it helps but
> it doesn't. I could also try to add the execution of the panel to the
> session manually but I couldn't find how to add to the session.
> Any idea?

Please, no html emails.

What xfce version are you using? Has it worked at some point and now
broke? What did you change?

The session manager should be the one to restart the panel, no need to
add it anywhere else. When you save the session on logging out, check
that there is an entry for xfce4-panel in
~/.cache/sessions/xfce4-session-$HOST:0

~David