logout + session problem after upgrade to 4.6

Benjamin Voigt de_doener at web.de
Sat May 2 11:28:47 CEST 2009

> after upgrading from xfce 4.4.1 to 4.6, I have got some problems,
> especially with kde4 apps.
>
> Logging out of xfce while having kopete and korganizer running in my tray,
> it takes about a minute to get to the login screen and sometimes kopete
> crashes. This problem did not occur on xfce 4.4.
>
> Another problem that may be related to this is that, if I change the
> restart style of those apps to, say immediately, and click save session,
> this setting is reset to if-running.
>
> I am using Gentoo Linux, self configured kernel 2.6.29 and xorg server 1.5.

I forgot to mention that I use kde 4.2.2.

I've tried to completely remove xfce4 and reinstall it, but the problem
persists.
I can reproduce this behaviour with a new user account.
1. create new user
2. log in to xfce with this user
3. start korganizer and kopete
4. log out <--- here, xfce panel (system tray, at least) kind of freezes for
about 30 seconds