Gnome-mount replacement script for exo-mount

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Thu Mar 26 19:49:47 CET 2009

Hey all,

good news for all of you who are in need to have gnome-mount but don't
want to install the whole Gnome stuff it depends on:

we can use (to some extend) our exo-mount as a replacement.

To do so, I wrote a simple wrapper script which strips all given
arguments which are not supported by exo-mount and then calls it.

I put the script on [1] and also created a Wiki page [2].

An example use it for instance with GVfs which depends for some reason
on gnome-mount (hardcoded). The long-term goal is probably to provide a
HAL volume manager implementation which does not hard depend on
gnome-mount but for now, this is a handy workaround:

simply put the script somewhere into your $PATH and make it executable.
Then you can easily mount/unmount local drives, like a CD drive, with
GVfs. Without, GVfs would complain that 'gnome-mount' is missing.

[1] http://files.uvena.de/gnome-mount.gz
[2] http://wiki.xfce.org/gnomemount-replacement

Regards,
Enrico