ANN: midori version 0.1.5 released

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Wed Mar 25 18:57:45 CET 2009

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 21:19:59 -0400, eriefisher wrote:

>On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 22:25:13 +0000 (UTC)
>christian at twotoasts.de wrote:
>
>> Heya,
>>
>> this version of Midori has a focus on optimizations below the hood.
>> The most important point here is that from now on, you need at least
>> WebKitGTK+ 1.1.1, Glib 2.10 and libsoup 2.25.2. Lots of tricks to
>> maintain compatibility were dropped. Supporting ancient versions of
>> WebKit became increasingly hard, and various optimizations are in
>> place already. The internal source view was also dropped, and the
>> default text editor is used, or whatever you chose in the
>> preferences. As for a really exciting feature, downloading of files
>> works if you have WebKitGTK+ 1.1.3, including a sidepanel and
>> progress bars inside the statusbar. As a goodie I added an extension
>> called Colourful Tabs, which took me less than two hours to write and
>> is quite nice for that.
>>
> [snip]
>
>I can't get this version to install. I have tracked down most missing
>depends but I can't find rst2html, rst2html.py.

rst2html[.py] is only used to create the HTML variant of the user
documentation which can also be read as plain text, see
docs/user/midori.txt.
Midori should build fine also without this tool if you do *not*
explicitly specify --enable-userdocs.

>It seems with every new release I need to find something from
>somewhere.

The use of reStructuredText (ReST) is not new in Midori 0.1.5, it
already existed in earlier versions.

Regards,
Enrico