ANN: midori version 0.1.5 released

Jonathan Hepburn jonathan.hepburn at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 23:51:35 CET 2009

That's excellent news. Midori is my favourite small-fast-light
browser, and convinced me to install WebKit and libs unique and soup
from source.

As a point of interest: I use Google Docs relatively extensively, and
so tried it out in Midori (git version of both M and W) and got a
"Browser unsupported" message. Which was a bummer. However, there was
an extra message to append "?browserok=true" to the end of the URL if
I wanted to try it anyway, and guess what? Seems to work flawlessly.

I can hardly claim to have given it a complete workout, but
considering that this is WebKit we're talking about, I can't see that
there would be much broken.

You may want to drop a line to Google suggesting that they update
their browser tests :)

Slainte,

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 8:25 AM,  <christian at twotoasts.de> wrote:
> Heya,
>
> this version of Midori has a focus on optimizations below the hood. The
> most important point here is that from now on, you need at least
> WebKitGTK+ 1.1.1, Glib 2.10 and libsoup 2.25.2. Lots of tricks to
> maintain compatibility were dropped. Supporting ancient versions of
> WebKit became increasingly hard, and various optimizations are in place
> already. The internal source view was also dropped, and the default text
> editor is used, or whatever you chose in the preferences. As for a
> really exciting feature, downloading of files works if you have
> WebKitGTK+ 1.1.3, including a sidepanel and progress bars inside the
> statusbar. As a goodie I added an extension called Colourful Tabs, which
> took me less than two hours to write and is quite nice for that.
>
> ciao,
>    Christian
>
> Download this release:
>  http://goodies.xfce.org/releases/midori/midori-0.1.5.tar.bz2
>
> Changelog:
>  http://goodies.xfce.org/releases/midori/ChangeLog
>
> Project website:
>  http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/applications/midori/

=======
Those who can, do. Those who can't, rabbit on about
it:http://sumdubito.blogspot.com/