GnomeVFS Support in XFCE.

Pat Suwalski pat at suwalski.net
Thu Mar 19 23:44:08 CET 2009

Enrico Tröger wrote:
>> Well, gtk-file-chooser-backend is deprecated, IIRC, now that gtk has
>> gio and gvfs.  So basically, if you have a recent gtk version (2.14 at
>> least?) and gio/gvfs installed, it'll just work.  If you have an older
>
> It's GTK 2.14 what's required and for all apps who doesn't support
> GIO/GVfs directly, you need gvfs-fuse as well.

Using 2.14 definitely solved the issue; it's clearly exactly as I had
observed it in Ubuntu.

I will still consider using an XSETTING to use GnomeVFS with the older
GTK; I believe it could be more compatible with the software on the
Lenny-based system.

Thanks to all who responded; you're all a helpful bunch.

--Pat