Disabling Alt+ mouse click shortcut for windowing

Alexander Toresson alexander.toresson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 13:31:57 CET 2009

2009/3/19 umang gupta <umang.ece at gmail.com>:

> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Liviu Andronic <landronimirc at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> 2009/3/19 umang gupta <umang.ece at gmail.com>:
>> > I am using xfwm4-4..2.0 btw.
>> >
>> Unsure about the version you're running (is that Xfce 4.2?), but you
>
> Its  Xfce 4.2 . correct .
>>
>> might try to access "Window manager tweaks" > Accessibility and set
>> "Key used to grab and move windows" to "None".
>
> I don't want it to be done as an end user . I need Alt + middle/double click
> disable in xfwm4 itself
> rather than doing it in GUI  :"Window manager tweaks"

I don't believe this is configurable and I believe Liviu may have
misunderstood you. As I understand you, you want middle-clicking and
double-clicking on the title bar of an application to not send the
window to background or maximize the window, respecticely, when the
user is holding down the Alt key. Is that correct? What are you trying
to achieve by doing this?

// Alexander