Terminal/vte bug?

Sergey Manucharian sergeym at rmico.com
Tue Mar 17 21:47:47 CET 2009

Hi all,

Being an xfce guy last days I'm playing with xmonad (tiling WM), but
use the Terminal as the default terminal app. Sometimes it crashes when
I go to preferences through right-click and try to change the
appearance or colors. It's really hard to reproduce. When it happens
some other applications e.g. Firefox (may) crash simultaneously also.
The only thing I could catch is the following line from dmesg:

Terminal[13187]: segfault at 6c657207 ip b7e206ec sp bfda54d0 error 4
in libvte.so.9.3.3[b7e05000+b3000]

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sergey