Is there a way of writing short text messages in the panel[s]?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Mon Mar 16 21:19:36 CET 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 07:50:40PM +0000, Chris G wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 08:40:53PM +0100, Mike Massonnet wrote:
> > Le Mon, 16 Mar 2009 18:54:13 +0000,
> > Chris G <cl at isbd.net> a écrit :
> >
> > > Is there any way to display short text messages in the xfce panel?
> > >

> > Have a look at xfce4-genmon-plugin[1].
> >
> > [1] http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/panel-plugins/xfce4-genmon-plugin
> >
> That's brilliant, thank you!  It even runs the 'text generator'
> periodically which makes my job even easier.

However as always I want more!  :-)

Is there any way I can change the colour of the text, or use inverse
or similar.  I want to make the text stand out a bit when compared
with other stuff on the panel but I can't afford to make it very big.
The only things I can change from the Properties of xfce4-genmon are
the font size and style.

--
Chris Green