Xfce Buildbot Server - Call for Donations

David Mohr squisher at xfce.org
Sat Mar 14 19:09:19 CET 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 2:54 PM, Maximilian Schleiss
<maximilian at xfce.org> wrote:
> David Mohr a écrit :
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 1:19 PM, samuel <samuel.verstraete at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Mind you dave... you need both registered and ecc (error
>>> correction)... i think the memory you are referring to (14euro) is ecc
>>> only...
>>> If possible i think best would be to have 533Mhz ram too... that's
>>> what is inside now.
>>
>> Dang, you're right, I screwed that up :-\ Sorry, so the price is really
>> 23 Euro for a new 1GB stick.
>> And yes, I agree on matching the speed - server boards can be so
>> sensitive about memory, it's annoying.
>>
>> Given how much funds there are, it's probably best to just get as many
>> 1GB as possible, unless 2GB would be cheaper per GB (which I doubt).
>> That'll increase interoperability as well.

Sigh, I forgot how cheap internet sites have gotten. Unfortunately my
friend can't get a better price from the distributors. So maybe the
buy in the USA route is the best after all?

> Hey, I just added 30€ to the pot. Could you send me the reference of the
> memory you want to buy, I could check on my side if I can get them for a
> better price here in Switzerland.
> Max.

Something like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134652 .

~David