Xfce Buildbot Server - Call for Donations

David Mohr squisher at xfce.org
Fri Mar 13 19:17:12 CET 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 12:09 PM, samuel <samuel.verstraete at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 3:20 PM, samuel <samuel.verstraete at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>> [snip]
>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> So I've followed the blog post and tried to get the EXACT IBM model
>>> number of the server. I am trying to figure out if I have unused memory.
>>> And if I do, what it is and if it'll help out.

It'd be interesting to know if that still applies to the ECC DDR2-533
ones needed for the HP.

>>> I'd like to stuff it full if I can. Memory is a good thing to have on
>>> any build server.
>>
>> I don't know where you heard it was an IBM machine...
>> It's an HP DL145 G3. It takes standard ddr2 dimms. Machine has 8 slots
>> and can use a maximum of 32GB of ram.
>
> bah ... hate it when i'm wrong but this info is obviously wrong...
> the machine needs reg ecc ram... a tad more expensive but i suppose
> i'll find some on ebay

I'll ask my old co-worker to check how much he'd have to pay for them.
He can buy them directly from the distributor. I don't know how that
will compare to the ebay prices.

If the machine has 2GB right now, then according to the hp page, it'll
have 2x1GB. So should the target be to get as many 1GB sticks into the
machine as possible? Or switch to 2GB ones for future expandability?

~David