Can't change background

Peter N. Spotts pspotts at alum.mit.edu
Mon Mar 2 23:35:05 CET 2009

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 23:07:57 +0100
Anders Lind <sunshinecoast at swipnet.se> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have tonight installed 4.6 from ports which was slightly messy if
> you don't remove the old ports first which I should probably have
> done, but I have a working copy of 4.6 now. Anyway my problem is that
> I can't change background. I just have the grey background with small
> dots in it, I am probably missing something very simple. When I go
> into the desktop settings in the Xfce Menu I can choose the
> background that I want but it doesn't appear.
>
> Thanks for a great job
>
> Cheers
> Anders

Anders,

Make sure you have xfdesktop running; once it is, you should be able to
swap desktop images easily...

With best regards,

Pete

--
Peter N. Spotts | Science reporter
The Christian Science Monitor

"The knack of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
            -- Douglas Adams, "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"