New Behavior about moving windows.

Enrico Carlesso dev at ecarlesso.org
Mon Mar 2 18:54:36 CET 2009

Hi all!
    I've recently upgraded to xfce4-6, and I figured out that the
behavior for moving and resizing window has changed to a larger diffused
way, that is a shortcut to start moving (or resizing) then moving whit
arrows and then confirm. Some of my friends and me was very very happy
about the old stile shortcuts (personally I user shortcuts similar to
vim keys, something lie <Ctrl><Shift><Alt>l to move windows right and
<Shift><Alt>l to resize right).

It seems no more possible, and there comes 2 questions:
1. Why have you switched to the new behavior? Does it comes from users
wishes?
2. Why didn't you keep both? I mean, that feature was one of the major
motivation for me to use xfce!

Even if it comes from users wishes or not, please can you consider the
idea of keeping both of behavior? At a first look it does not seems to
keep problems...

This "problem" apart, I want to really really thank you for the great
work done and doing over the best WM in the world.

Best regards,
Enrico Carlesso