4.6: new windows now start on bottom

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 17:17:03 CEST 2009

On 2009-06-16, David Mohr <squisher at xfce.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 11:42 PM, John Coppens<john at jcoppens.com> wrote:

>> I'm not sure the same is available on 4.6 (still at 4.4 here),
>> but there is an option 'Raise the window on focus'. Wouldn't
>> that do the job?
>
> That option still exists in 4.6, but for what it is worth, my
> windows come up on top even with "Raise on focus" disabled.

That's good -- I hate "raise on focus" almost as much as I hate
"click to focus".  As you can imagine, I find the stock MS-Windows
configuration rather difficult.

> Although randomly at times I have observed windows appearing
> at the bottom of the stack - it's a rare occurrence for me
> though.

For whatever reason, new windows pretty much always appear at
the bottom of the stack for me.

Is a "new feature", or is it a bug?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Do you have exactly
                                  at               what I want in a plaid