need to run a shutdown script

Brian J. Tarricone brian at tarricone.org
Fri Jul 31 22:51:33 CEST 2009

On 07/31/2009 12:18 PM, Todd and Margo Chester wrote:

> The shutdown command from VBox exits immediately after it is issued.
> So, in my script, I will have to loop (with a max time out) on the
> VM's status.
>
> How about XFce waiting until my script exits, to continue the
> shutdown/logout sequence?

As someone else mentioned, you can use an xinitrc script addition for
that.  I'm not adding app-specific hacks to xfce4-session for something
like this.

There's currently no standard for an "autostop" type thing to complement
autostart.  This might be useful, but personally I'm not interested in
leading an effort to create a standard.  If one pops up and appears to
gain cross-desktop support, I'd be happy to implement it, of course.

	-brian

P.S.  FYI, it's "Xfce" or "xfce"; the "XFce" capitalization is from the
old XForms days.