4.6: new windows now start on bottom

Net Llama! netllama at linux-sxs.org
Mon Jul 13 20:50:31 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 11:43 AM, Brian J. Tarricone<brian at tarricone.org> wrote:
> On 07/13/2009 11:11 AM, Net Llama! wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 11:07 AM, Brian J. Tarricone<brian at tarricone.org>
>>  wrote:

>>> Please learn how to read.  After you've done so, come back, and we can
>>> have
>>> a useful discussion.
>>
>> Pot. Kettle. Black.
>
> My reading comprehension is just fine, thank you.

Clearly not based on your attacks on me.

>> Do let me know when you're finished going off on a tirade and
>> insulting your userbase.
>
> I only insult those who poison the mailing lists and community, and waste
> the valuable time of our contributors.

Thus far today, you're the only one who has poisoned anything, and
you're choosing to waste your own time attacking multiple users who
are attempting to provide feedback.

> I'll say it again: this discussion will continue to go nowhere if certain
> participants insist on adopting an attitude of entitlement.  If you don't
> like how something works, that's fine!  It happens all the time.  But
> repeatedly asserting "that sucks" and "that's pretty lame" and responding to
> people with messages laced with sarcasm won't get you what you want (as has
> occurred several times in this thread).  I can understand that a new
> behavior that doesn't fit with your workflow can be disconcerting and
> frustrating to get used to.  And maybe sometimes the change isn't the right
> way to go.  But insisting that your way is right and demanding changes or
> new options isn't going to get you what you want.  If you're fine with that
> and are only here because you want to vent, I'm here to inform you that this
> is not the place for it.

At no time did I insist my way was right, nor did I demand changes or
new options.  And for the record, I've likely been on this list before
you were even an XFCE developer, so no I'm not here to vent.

To refresh your memory, here's my original contribution to this thread:
http://foo-projects.org/pipermail/xfce/2009-July/025538.html

No demands, no attacks, no poison. A simple comment, which went
ignored by the developers until your attack on me this morning.

I can also go and point out the other threads in which I've
contributed recently which have also failed to receive any response
from anyone.  The evidence indicates that all you seem interested in
doing is attacking anyone who doesn't agree with you, and ignoring
everyone else.

Its sad that XFCE has lost interest in its userbase if this is deemed
acceptable behavior.  I've been using XFCE for over 10 years, but
clearly no one cares about that.

L. Friedman                                    netllama at gmail.com
LlamaLand                       https://netllama.linux-sxs.org