4.6: new windows now start on bottom

Joost Kremers joostkremers at fastmail.fm
Mon Jul 13 17:12:40 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 06:57:25PM +0100, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> No matter that you'been using window managers for 20 years, tell me a
> single reason why covering the focused window with an unfocused one is
> a desirable behaviour.

oh, i do this all the time. i keep the programs that i use a lot maximised (each
on its own desktop) and it happens all the time that i want another program
(often but not always a utility of some sort) to remain visible even if i focus
the maximised window behind it.

skype would be a typical example, but also something like a character map or a
text editor that contains some notes. or an mp3 player, an xterm with showing
some log file, etc. etc.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments