4.6: new windows now start on bottom

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 21:48:47 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 8:10 PM, Mike McNally<emmecinque at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> I've written lots of throwaway GUI applications that show something in
> a window but take all their input from a console.  For such a case,
> again, I definitely want my console (xterm) command to launch that
> window such that I can see it, but I also want to keep typing in my
> xterm.  Another thing: I  don't necessarily raise my xterms when I
> type in them - I may want to type a command in a window but keep
> another window in front, because what I'm typing may affect it.

But that's still a corner case. Turn it this way, if you have to
choose between the two possibilities:

a. Obscure the focused terminal where you are entering data with the
output window (unfocused)

b. Keep the focused window above the unfocused window, so you can see
the data you enter

What is the most sensitive choice? What do you think the vast majority
of users would expect?

Cheers,
Olivier.