kdesu and the task bar

Todd and Margo Chester ToddAndMargo at verizon.net
Sat Jul 4 18:26:41 CEST 2009

eriefisher wrote:

> Right click on the task bar and select "add new item". When the chooser
> opens select "Launcher", fill in the info and you should have it.

Are confusing the task bar with the launcher?

> By the way, why kdesu and not gksu? Do you also use KDE? If not kdesu
> will bring in a lot of unnecessary stuff.

gksu was not installed on my system.  Fortunately, it was in
my YUM repo.

And, it does force itself into the foreground when prompting
for a password, unlike kdesu, which will hide behind other
windows, forcing me to minimize everything to find it.

Problem solved.  Thank you!

-T

p.s. I do use some KDE apps: K3B, Krusader, Komposer