Where do I set screen resolution in xfce4 4.6

David Mohr squisher at xfce.org
Fri Jul 3 17:56:49 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 5:54 AM, Chris G<cl at isbd.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 08:34:06PM -0400, eriefisher wrote:
>> On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 22:25:29 +0100
>> Chris G <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
>>
>> > I have just upgraded my system to xubuntu 9.04 and among other
>> > problems I can't see how to change the display resolution.
>> >
>> > Where do I set the display resolution in xfce4 version 4.6?
>> >

>> menu--settings--display
>>
> I don't have that.
>

>> You will have to make sure that you have the correct resolution in
>> xorg.conf
>
> Ther haven't been any resolution settings in xorg.conf since at least
> version 8.10.

Uhm, don't jump to conclusions regarding Xfce just because your
distribution _chooses_ not to include resolution settings in
xorg.conf. Xfce is not written for one particular distribution, and
setting the resolution in xorg.conf works just fine.

~David

P.S. Of course the other comments are right though, there should be a
Settings->Display.