xfmenu panel plugin on 4.6-RC1

Peter N. Spotts pspotts at alum.mit.edu
Fri Jan 30 19:02:12 CET 2009

Folks,

I've just installed 4.6-RC1 on Ubuntu 8.10 and can't get the xfmenu
"goodie" in the panel to accept a custom menu. When I right click on my
desktop to get a floating menu, the custom menu appears as expected.
When I open the "properties" setting on the panel's menu icon and try to
set it for the custom menu, the panel plug-in crashes. It's not a total
loss, since I can right click and still get the menu I want. But is
there some change in the panel plug-in that I haven't caught up with? Or
is this one of the little foxes remaining in the RC-1 vineyard?

Thanks for any light anyone cares to shed!

With best regards,

Pete
--
Peter N. Spotts | Science reporter
The Christian Science Monitor

"The knack of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
            -- Douglas Adams, "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"