Annoying blinking windows and apps in taskbar

Christian Dywan christian at twotoasts.de
Thu Jan 22 17:47:11 CET 2009

Am Thu, 22 Jan 2009 14:40:29 +0100
schrieb Alex Bihlmaier <alex at kallisti.de>:

> hi!
> I find it quite annoying that apps are blinking, some do it forever,
> when some kind of urgent-bit is set.
> I am running 4.4.2.1 of XFCE.
>
> Can this behaviour be configured, is it configurable in future
> versions?
>
> I dont think xfwm4 does this for a long time, dont know why this
> "feature" was introduced.

In Xfce 4.6 Xfwm you can actually decide a) whether you want urgency
blinking and b) whether urgency blinking should keep going forever or
stop after a reasonable time.

The version that stops after a while is very nice if you like me find
urgency helpful but prefer to ignore the hint if you are occupied. :)

You should give the current 4.6 Beta a try.

ciao,
    Christian

ciao,
    Christian