Newbie

Rem P Roberti remegius at comcast.net
Fri Jan 16 23:04:26 CET 2009

> Have a look at xfce4-appfinder, from which you can drag and drop to
> the desktop (or the panel).

OK...I found appfinder.  I was looking in the wrong place.

>> You should never run skype as root! If it does not work as a regular
>> user, then that's probably the reason the launcher does not work for
>> you. For me the launcher works just fine.

I am aware of the fact that Skype should not be run as root.  Unfortunately,
that's the only way I can launch the program.  I'm sure that that is a
permissions problem, but so far I haven't quite figured out how to get
Skype to launch as user.  I just received an email from one of the gurus
on the freebsd list, and he indicates that there has been an ongoing
problem surrounding this issue.

Rem