Xfce 4.6 seems unresponsive to theme changes

Peter N. Spotts pspotts at alum.mit.edu
Sat Feb 28 13:47:18 CET 2009

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 09:14:28 +0000
Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 10:41 PM, Peter N. Spotts
> <pspotts at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > Nice job on the update! I've just installed via graphical installer
> > to Xubuntu 8.10 on a Dell Studio laptop and find I can't change
> > window or user themes. They show up in the respective windows from
> > Xfce Settings (user menu), but when I try to make the change,
> > nothing happens, even after a restart of Xfce.
>
> How did you install xfce 4.6, from sources? Did you remove 4.4
> entirely first? How do you start the settings dialog, are you sure you
> run the new xfwm4-settings instead of the old MCS based config?
>
> Cheers,
> Olivier.

Ah, that may be the problem...I still have the older version that came
with the distro...the newest version went in to /usr/local...

I'll pull the old version and see if that helps...

With best regards,

Pete

--
Peter N. Spotts | Science reporter
The Christian Science Monitor

"The knack of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
            -- Douglas Adams, "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"