write a Linux virus in 5 easy steps

Pascal Gervais pggervais at yahoo.ca
Fri Feb 13 08:02:59 CET 2009

> De : cathayan <cathayan at gmail.com>

> À : XFCE general discussion list <xfce at xfce.org>
> Envoyé le : vendredi 13 février 2009, 00 h 10 min 25 s
> Objet : write a Linux virus in 5 easy steps
>
> hi,
>
> Maybe some people here have already noticed this article:
>
> http://lwn.net/Articles/319072
> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/foobar/6229
>
> The author proposed a method to write KDE/Gnome virus, by using the
> .desktop file and autostart feature of modern DE. I tried on Xfce4.4,
> and got a same result. So, what do you think of it?

And how did you get the same result?
Thunar does not rename the desktop file  with the name written in "Name=", does not leave us execute it and warns us at three different locations that the file is a "suspected-malware".

See there:
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2889/13022009012654925x720ci5.png

Sorry for advertising by Yahoo

      À la recherche du cadeau idéal? Offrez Flickr!
http://www.flickr.com/gift/