compositing bug ?

Pascal pascal22p at parois.net
Wed Feb 11 11:42:56 CET 2009

Le Tue, 10 Feb 2009 21:28:06 +0000,
Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Interesting. Can you give more details on how to reproduce this, I've
> dowloaded the software from the link mentioned but I have no idea
> where to start.

I think I manage to reproduce it... But not all the time...

Ok, so the steps I used to produce the bug. Better do it after a clean
X start.

1- launch platon this way : "platon LUSCOR.cif" [1]
2- on the right menu, Just under OptionMenus, clic on the third button.
Yes, the space between the ticks are buttons :)
3- You'll have a setwindowsize entry, make it smaller and the bug
appears in theory...

If the bug doesn't show up close it and do it again. Usually it shows
up on second time but I manage to get it the fisrt time as well... Don't
ask why...

One thing I am sure, when the bug is on and I change the window size
again, the bug usually disappear and I can't get it again unless I
restart X.

Hope it helps,
Pascal

[1] http://pascal.parois.net/public/LUSCOR.cif

Other informations:

[pascal at pascal ccdc]$ X -version

X.Org X Server 1.5.3
Release Date: 5 November 2008
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.27-ARCH i686
Current Operating System: Linux pascal 2.6.28-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun
Feb 8 10:13:45 UTC 2009 i686 Build Date: 17 December 2008  08:20:05PM

nvidia 180.22