Font Preview Programme?

Jon proedie at online.de
Wed Feb 4 19:27:48 CET 2009

Hello Everyone!

As a new user of xfce I miss some features I had under KDE 3 that I still have
on my main computer. I really like xfce on my laptop, but I got used to the
fact that if I click on a font file, a programme called "Font View" displays
a sample of the font. I could not find anything like that for xfce. What do
you do to preview a font? Do I have to install some Gnome packages? If so,
which ones?

To make this perfectly clear: I do not need some fancy font managing tools.
All I want is a decent programme that gives me a sentence, set in the font I
clicked on in Thunar.

I am aware of programmes like gtk2fontselect which need a font to be installed
on the system already or Opcion that cannot display OTF and doesend accept a
TTF file as a parameter. This is not what I would like to have.

Thank you very much in advance for all suggestions!

Best wishes

Jon