[xubuntu-users] confing GDM

Harold Aling xfce at sait.nl
Fri Dec 11 14:27:30 CET 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 14:18, Mihamina Rakotomandimby
<mihamina at gulfsat.mg> wrote:
>> > The current state of GDM is depressing and has been for some years..
>> > it's not changed for the better since it was ported (?) to GTK2.
>> >
>> > I'm actually quite shocked/surprised a desktop manager hasn't been
>> > on XFce's todo list yet, even E17 has one..
>> I wouldn't be surprised if it actually is on an Xfce developer's todo
>> list, but that list is *huge*.
>
> So, let's move the discussion over there: X-Post to the xfce ML.

I have my hope set on LXDM[1] to replace the unmaintained Slim on my
desktop and nettop. In Xubuntu 9.10, GDM has all sorts of weird
animations and such. Really ugly and most of all: really unnecessary
and annoying.

Who needs an animated login manager anyway???

-H-

[1] http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXDM