bulk rename

David Mohr squisher at xfce.org
Mon Aug 17 18:12:28 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 9:56 AM, Roger Durañona Vargas<luo_hei at yahoo.es> wrote:
> I have around 100 files with different names like "[Aknf] Naruto
> Shippuden 100 Spanish [h.264 720p].mp4", "[NU] Naruto Shippuuden
> 91.avi", etc for a couple of animes I follow. I want to rename all files
> to a more organized naming scheme, like "Anime xxx.ext". Is there any
> way to do this with the bulk rename tool?

If the numbering is already present in the original files, then you
should be able to achieve that using regular expressions. Although my
guess would be that you'll have to make several passes over the files
because it is most likely not easy to write one pattern which matches
all of the styles.

~David