Midori fails to open FTP locations

Christian Dywan christian at twotoasts.de
Sun Aug 9 15:18:10 CEST 2009

Am Sun, 9 Aug 2009 11:25:07 +0200
schrieb Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:

> On Sun, 9 Aug 2009 10:58:03 +0300, Angel wrote:
>

> >How do I open FTP locations in Midori?  When I click on an FTP link,
> >it says: The page [...] couldn't be loaded. Operation not supported.
> >I'm using Midori 0.1.9.
>
> AFAIK this is not (yet?) supported by WebKit.

You are asking about FTP directory listings. This is not supported by
WebKitGTK+. I don't think anyone on the crew has plans for that,
personally I don't see this as a feature a web browser should provide.

You can open FTP files if you have a GVfs backend for it installed.

WebKit theoretically has the capability, though, so it's worth checking
bugs.webkit.org and possibly filing a bug.

ciao,
    Christian