speeding up file copy

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Fri Aug 7 02:05:24 CEST 2009

Roger Durañona Vargas wrote:
> I know this is probably a stupid question, but, is ther eany tweak to
> make thunar copy files faster? Like supercopy utility for windows?

supercopy ??? lol

The absence of console re-implementations of the 'cp' program is an
indication that tools like this aren't really needed in unix as the ones
available already are the best performing ones out there...

Seriously though, no, we can't make thunar making copies of files faster
since it's limited by the speed of the underlying filesystem to do the
operations needed.

How does it appear slow to you? I'm seeing excellent results even when
copying from/to removable media...

Auke