[Xfce-i18n] Xfce 4.6.1 released

Mișu Moldovan dumol at gnome.ro
Tue Apr 21 00:43:27 CEST 2009

Stephan Arts <stephan at xfce.org> a scris:
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 2:42 PM, Harald Servat <redcrash at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2009/4/20 Mișu Moldovan <dumol at gnome.ro>
> >> Stephan Arts <stephan at xfce.org> a scris:
> >>
> >> With my translator hat on, I would like to ask you to please give
> >> translators an announcement beforehand (on xfce-i18n), something along
> >> the lines of: "4.6.1 to be released in one week". This works wonders on
> >> the motivational side.
> >
> >   I second that suggestion. Also, I missed something like release schedule
> > plan. The only news about this I had was from the dev blog [1].
>
> Something like this?
>
> http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.6/milestones

>From the point of view of a translator, there is one very important
thing missing from the release process outlined at the above link: the
string freeze.

This should be a period of one to two weeks in which no translatable
strings are changed. My suggestion is to implement string freezes in
the release process and announce them on the xfce-i18n mailing list.

--
mișu