xfrun4 problems

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Sep 19 09:27:43 CEST 2008

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 21:37:20 +0100 Olivier Fourdan wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Brian J. Tarricone
> <bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> > There aren't any defaults, so you probably ran into an issue with
> > the settings migration script (which should have migrated your old
> > active keytheme).
>
> As a corollary, does xfconf has some sort of schema like gconf that we
> can use to set defaults?

No, it doesn't use schemas -- I wanted to keep complexity down and
didn't think they'd be worth the effort (I'm still pretty against them,
but I'm not quite so opposed as I used to be).

In theory, though, there's a defaults mechanism -- you can put a
normal .xml file (like one that stores the settings in ~/.config) in
one of the $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS dirs, but I didn't really think that
through, and there's a problem with *removing* xfconf properties when
there's a system property (i.e., it won't work).

So for now we're just going to use hardcoded defaults in the app until
I can figure out what the best thing to do with xfconf to make setting
defaults a bit easier.  (Hopefully by beta2!)

> > If you have a problem with this, open a bug and attach your old key
> > theme file so I can see where the problem is with migrating it.
>
> It's just the plain default keytheme...

Ok, I'll try to give it a look; I definitely didn't have the default
theme on my machine, so I guess I haven't tested it.

	-b