Xfce 4.6 ALPHA ('Pinkie') Released!!!

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 18:59:57 CEST 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 4:34 PM, Jerry <gesbbb at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Your point is well taken. However, continually incorporating
> depreciated models -- drivers, libraries, etc -- into 'new' software
> only encourages the production of less that optimum software.
> Perl-5.10 has been available for approximately one year now and
> yet there are distros that do not offer it. Using your argument, it can
> be conversely stated that not everyone wants to use stale, depreciated
> software either.

Xfce has nothing to do with Perl.

Depending on the latest glib would cut us from a large user base
(including myself). xfce has much longer cycle release, so when we are
discussing the next version of Xfce, we have to decide what is our
target base and stick to it.

If you want to depend on the latest gtk+/glib, feel free to use Gnome,
it's much more depending on more recent gtk+/glib.

> Then again, as so aptly stated by Tim Wilson
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-5d5IfdYK4>, I could be wrong.

No idea who that guy is.

Cheers,
Olivier,