xfce4-dict and WordNet

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 22:40:57 CEST 2008

Hello Enrico,

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 5:41 PM, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>> I don't seem to have the -pre version, not from what I see here. I
>
> Yes, I don't know anymore why I assumed you are using a pre version,
> sorry for this.

Oh, it's OK with me. At least it made me check my installation.

> Yes, this would be indeed helpful. I already thought about some kind of
> drop-down list below the search method radio buttons to easily change
> the website URL for web search, to change the dictionary for dictd
> search and to change the used dictionary for spellchecking.
> But this isn't a 2-minute-task and so it has to wait a little bit.

Today I got feedback from Michael Kellogg, WR.com Administrator. He is
currently considering "creating an API for WordReference in the next
few weeks". He will inform me when there is a beta version running,
and I will forward the information here. He actually seemed somewhat
enthusiastic about Xfce4 Dictionary supporting WR.com, and honestly so
am I. Remains to hope you will find the time to implement the
discussed features.

Kind regards,
Liviu