New window placement - can it be customised?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Sat Nov 29 11:57:15 CET 2008

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 09:14:39AM +0100, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On ven, 2008-11-28 at 21:54 +0000, Chris G wrote:
> > By default xfce always seems to create new windows in the middle of
> > the workspace, is there any way to change this?
>
> In 4.6 you will be able to place the window under the mouse pointer.

Ah, that's why I can't find the setting that Olivier was talking about.

I don't see this actually being much use though as, surely, one's
mouse is almost certainly starting the application from a menu
somewhere whose position is fixed.  The only case I can think of where
this isn't true is running something from the command line.

--
Chris Green