Virtual Desktops problems

Oliver Etchebarne Bejarano drmad at paperclip.com.pe
Sat Nov 22 22:37:41 CET 2008

Hi.

I just installed XFCE 4.5.92. Nice work, boys! But I have some problems:

* I can add new virtual desktops with Alt+Ins key combo, but they are
not saved when I close X. When I run xfwm4-workspace-settings, this
errors are shown:

----
(xfwm4-workspace-settings:3306): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkSpinButton: setting
an adjustment with non-zero page size is deprecated

[...]

Violación de segmento
----

Last one means "Segmentation fault". Most of the configure panels works
pretty well.

I run XFCE with this in my .xinitrc:

---
xfsettingsd
xfwm4 --daemon

xfdesktop &

xscreensaver &
xfce4-panel
---

That was enought for the 4.4 series (except the new xfsettingsd). There
is something I must add/change to my .xinitrc?

* I have Xinerama active. When I move windows several times between
virtual desktops using the mouse all my inputs are frozen: I can't write
anything, I can even move a windows with the mouse. I don't know if this
bug belongs to the new X, or the new XFCE.

I have a LFS, with x.org 7.4, GTK+ 2.14. Xinerama active with two VGA
Adapters:

--
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82G33/G31 Express
Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 10)

Also, I'm testing "evdev" for my jeyboard and mouse.

Hope this info can be used to improve Xfce. I love it!!!!

--
Oliver Etchebarne Bejarano
drmad/paperclip