XFCE4 menu only showing applications in one category?

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Thu Nov 20 23:15:32 CET 2008

Andrew Robinson wrote:
> Correction, the Xfce4 Appfinder only shows them under Network, it does
> not have the Wine category at all shown.

The menu filters out duplicate entries even if they're in separate
menus.  You can add

unique="false"

to the <include> tag in your menu file.  But I don't recall if it
actually works.  I have no interest in fixing it if it doesn't, so
you're pretty much on your own.

Also:

>> [Desktop Entry]
[..]
>> Path=/home/anrobins/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/Safari/

This is invalid.  Path= lets you specify a single working directory for
the app, not a :-separated search path.  (The menu doesn't support this
key at present anyway, so it's moot.)

	-brian