Broken XFCE?

David Mohr squisher at xfce.org
Tue Nov 18 19:40:42 CET 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 10:39 AM, Pascal Gervais <pggervais at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> [...]

Better, but still... John and Pascal, if you have issues, please do
the necessary research, and provide a complete problem report. John,
the subject "broken xfce" is really not very informative either. You
can't expect to get much of a response that way, because we all are
busy people.

Anyways, you're lucky and because I was curious I actually read
through that thread. The relevant message would be:
http://www.gimpusers.com/mailmsg.php?1226829820.7363.2.camel%40bender

----SNIP----
On Sun, 2008-11-16 at 10:02 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> 2008/11/15 Sven Neumann <sven at gimp.org>:
> >> If I click the canvas on the in the text field, then I can move the
> >> text field with the arrow keys, but I still cannot drag it with the
> >> mouse.
> >
> > Why not? Works just fine here.
> >

> I really do not know why not. I am on a pretty stock Kubuntu 8.04 (KDE
> 3.5.10) installation, with proprietary ATI video drivers.

Then your window manager is definitely misbehaving. The text editor
dialog is transient to the image window. It is not a modal dialog. If it
was modal, that would explain the behavior you are seeing. Perhaps your
window manager implements transient dialogs as modal? I suggest that you
file a bug report against your window manager.

I can confirm the problem. So if any of you care, do what's already
suggested in the email, and file a big report.

~David