Fwd: keyboard layout - language support

soko.tica soko.tica at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 12:39:49 CET 2008

Disclaimer: the discussion on xfce at xfce.org list might appear to be
OpenBSD 4.4 related, so I cc it to misc at openbsd.org. Apologies for
noise and please disregard it on misc at openbsd.org if I was wrong.
=============
On 11/7/08, Landry Breuil <landry.breuil at gmail.com> wrote:

> An update to xfce4-xkb is on my todo list, together with the update to 4.6.
> Btw, this will be -current only..

I never managed to achieve to run us default keyboard, and to have in
addition cyrilic serbian and latin serbian (bosnian, croatian or
slovenian would do the same) on OpenBSD 4.4 and Xfce4.

Any time I added lines to xorg.conf to reconfigure keyboard, privoxy
and browser (both mozilla-firefox and subsequently discovered
seamonkey) ceased working properly, to the extent I needed to remove
privoxy while browser still needs minutes to connect. I suspect that
might be related to user and group _privoxy, with "_" and its
encoding.

$ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "kbd"
	Option "XkbLayout" "us,yu,sl"
 	Option "XkbOptions" "grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"
EndSection

Xfce keyboard indicator doesn't show these. At best, I get (null) to
indicate any other keyboard except us.

I did read various man pages, but I can't figure what I'm doing wrong.
None of the keyboards I need to add is in kbd -l, can't be added by
kbd -name, wsconsctl.conf doesn't seem to achieve what I need, man
xorg.conf doesn't offer multiple keyboards setup.

Is there a solution for this, or I just bang my head against the wall?