Some questions about session saving

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Mon Nov 10 17:41:22 CET 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 04:34:53PM +0000, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 4:31 PM, Chris G <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 04:21:01PM +0000, Chris G wrote:
> >> On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 03:54:35PM +0000, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> >>
> >> Can I use xvwm with xfce 'underneath' as it were?  I.e. can I install
> >> xubuntu, add xvwm and then run xfce with fvwm as window manager and
> >
> > Oops "... add fvwm ..." of course.
> >
> >> have it all work (reasonably) well?
>
> I do not know, it depends if and how well fvwm supports the EWMH
> specs, better ask on a fvwm list... Or even better, try.

It's supposed to have full EWMH support:-

    Partial list of features new to 2.5.x
    * Full Enhanced Window Manager Hints support

I'm mostly happy with xfce's window manager but at least if it's easy
to go back to fvwm and/or switch between the two of them as I want
then I think I'll go for a full xubuntu installation and add fvwm if I
think I need to. (I currently have a rather mixed up ubuntu
installation with xfce added and fvwm added, I think I'll make a clean start)

--
Chris Green