ANN: xfce4-screenshooter-plugin version 1.3.90 released

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Tue Nov 4 22:40:14 CET 2008

On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 06:41:48PM +0000, jerome.guelfucci at gmail.com wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce a beta release of the Xfce4 Screenshooter.
>
> This release features a new application which will enable the user to
> quickly take a screenshot without using the plugin and the CLI options.
> It also ships an "Open With" functionnality which makes possible to open
> the screenshots with a given application after taking them, this option
> will only be available if you have GIO on your system. A crash and some
> leaks have also been fixed in this release.

This works fine, but I was surprised to have to save the screenshot
before opening it. Wouldn't it be possible to directly feed the
screenshots to the chosen app (or save it in a temp file (with a random
name) and open it?

I'm not sure about the use case, but I guess if I want to edit the
screenshot in an application, I'll save it after, so I don't really need
to be asked first where to save it.

I was just surprise by the way it works, so it may not be a good remark.

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis