Virtual desktops?

Mișu Moldovan dumol at gnome.ro
Sun May 18 12:11:57 CEST 2008

Greg Folkert <greg at gregfolkert.net> a scris:

> First off, you are going to need to tell us what you are using to get
>
>         "When I switch virtual desktop, I get a window showing me which
>         desktop I am currently in."
>
> When you give us this info, we may be able to answer you question.
> *PLEASE INCLUDE CONTEXT* we are not mind readers.

I can do that, it's Window Maker... Disclaimer: I haven't used it since
2000 maybe, but I still get a glimpse of that OpenStep window manager
when I pass by one of my co-workers' desk.

When switching to a new workspace a fading tooltip appears in the
middle of the screen showing the name of the current workspace. It is
actually a nice-looking and useful feature if you don't use a workspace
switcher, which highlights the current workspace (I don't use one
either).

Mind reader at your service, :)

--
mișu