how to login as root into graphic mode

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Thu May 15 10:13:42 CEST 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 06:42:32PM -0400, Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
> On Wed, 14 May 2008, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
>
>> On mer, 2008-05-14 at 11:37 -0400, Leonel Florín Sellés wrote:
>>> well, I have already install the xfce, and i want to get into
>>> graphic mode as root, by this don't let me do that.
>>>
>>> I need you to tell me where I can change that option, that allow me
>>> do that.
>>>
>>> well friends I will waiting for your help, I'm need this.
>> This is not Xfce related.
>
>        Nor is it advisable. Use a terminal and su to root (or sudo -i)
>        if you need more than sudo itself can offer.

Nor is hijacking a thread a good idea.  To post a new message to the
mailing list, simply send a mail to xfce at xfce.org.

Indeed, login in X with root is not adviced unless "ich bin /root, ich
darf das!".  In english works, root your machine only if you know what
you are doing.

Install a graphical display manager like gdk, or a more simple one like
slim or xdm.

Mike