Cloning panels

David Mohr damailings at mcbf.net
Fri May 9 16:03:09 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 2:38 AM, Fekete Robert <frobert at balabit.hu> wrote:
> Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to clone panels in xfce.
> I have a dual-monitor setup, and I have separate panels on both screens. But now
> if I change anything (e.g., add a new launcher), I have to manually repeat this
> change on the other panel.
>
> Is there a way to make a single panel to appear on both screens?

Hi Robert,
AFAIK cloning is not implemented. You could write a little hack to
perform that manually, though.

If you think you can write a script that messes around with an xml
file, then you can manipulate the panel's configuration files and
achieve what you want. But a bit of scripting / xml knowledge would be
required.

~David