no sound

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Mon May 5 13:48:49 CEST 2008

On Sun May 4 2008, David Mohr wrote:
> > ok, I'm not sure it is related to my installing XFCE, but now I have no
> > sound for most apps- Amarok, Banshee, totem, but XMMS and Realplayer have
> > sound..
>
> This is not related to xfce at all. But you might want to check what
> kind of output method/plugin you are using with those apps that don't
> work.

something happened, and I'm just not sure what, and it happened after I
installed xfce.. when I rebooted into the testing kernel ( normally run
Etch ) I was able to run xfce and play ( and hear) videos. So you are
probably correct, it is more a Debian question than XFCE.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800