Application opening at the wrong screen?

David Mohr damailings at mcbf.net
Sun May 4 19:47:39 CEST 2008

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 11:10 AM, Bjørn T Johansen <btj at havleik.no> wrote:
> On Sun, 4 May 2008 18:35:37 +0200
>  Bjørn T Johansen <btj at havleik.no> wrote:
>
>  > I have moved and deleted some panels back and forth and when I now start a program from the quicklauncher on my
>  > seconds screen, the program is started on my first screen... Is there some settings somewhere where I can state that
>  > the program started at my ssecond screen should be opened at my second screen or is there something else I can do to
>  > make this work again?
>  >
>  >
>  > Regards,
>  >
>  > BTJ
>  >
>  >

>  BTW, If I use Launcher and not QuickLauncher, the programs opens in the corrects screen... Is this a known limitation
>  to quicklauncher or?

Ok, I can confirm that.

I have had similar problems before, and tried to submit some patches
to get it fixed. I'm not sure if they really made it in though,
because it wasn't clear at that point whether this is an xfce or a gtk
bug. I didn't have time to look into the gtk sources, unfortunately...

I guess an indication that it's a gtk bug could be that when I try to
launch the web browser from pidgin (on my second screen), it appear on
my first screen.

But it's great that I've found a second xfce user who uses this
(unfortunately uncommon) dual screen setup, so I might use that as
encouragement to look into the issue again at some point (might be a
little while though).

~David